Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Leslie Esdaile aka LA Banks: 1959-2011

According to several articles, tweets, and a facebook post by her fan club president, Leslie Esdaile, also known as LA Banks, passed away this morning after battling late stage adrenal cancer. See this article by Media Bistro. http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/la-banks-has-died_b35564

Ms. Banks was is one of my favorite authors. I was addicted to The Vampire Huntress series. Once I started, I kept reading straight through all 12 books…I was so sad when it was over. I was then ecstatic when she started a new series about the the next generation of Vampire Hunters…but sadly, that too has come to an end after only one book. I also read her Crimson Moon series which was just as wonderful.

Ms.Banks, you will be missed, you have brought many hours of entertainment and joy to a lot of people, including myself. My sympathies to her daughter and her family.

Leslie was a founding member of The Liars Club of Philadelphia, who’ve scheduled a silent auction and bar party with live music to help offset her medical expenses. The silent auction items are awesome and include full manuscript critiques from several agents and editors. The party is this Saturday, 6 August, beginning at 7 p.m. at Smokey Joe’s bar located at 208 S. 40th Street in University City on the University of Pennsylvania campus. I imagine this will be one hell of a wake now. Tickets are $20 or $10 with a student ID.

No comments:

Post a Comment