Monday, June 11, 2012

5K Results!

This weekend was the 5K.  Finally finished!  I walked most of it and jogged a bit.  Let's just say that the trail was much harder than anticipated.  Seriously there were many steep hills and valleys.  Straight wilderness.  Only the first quarter mile was paved,  the rest was all trail!  Needless to say my time was nearly 12 minutes slower than on my treadmill.  Now I know how to train for next time,  outside!!

This was a charity run/walk for Oakland and Macomb County Literacy Councils. I'm glad I did it and it was a good experience.

Sorry for the horrible pictures...I guess the Android phone Blogger app doesn't upload as nicely!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the 5k! I've been trying to push myself to run more, but I'm still used to the flat ground in Florida. The hills in North Carolina are killing me!

    Looks like a pretty trail -- even if it was a tough run, it must've been scenic.

    ReplyDelete