Thursday, January 13, 2011

Green Monster - Day 1

Yummy….I can’t believe I actually enjoyed a smoothie called a Green Monster! I read on a few message boards that this smoothie is great for energy. It also will curb your appetite including the craving for sweets! Bonus, it’s also pretty good for ya!

For the past few weeks, I’ve been dragging and feeling tired. No matter how much sleep I get, I never feel like I have a good amount of energy. I stumbled across this and decided to give this smoothie a try for a solid week. I’ll drink it in the morning and see if I feel any better.

So far so good, I had my first GM this morning and it taste good and I feel good. The true test will be to see how I feel in two hours or so. Let’s cross our fingers!

I found a site called the Green Monster Movement, it had really good tips there about how to blend the smoothie to get good results! There are also tons of smoothie recipes from readers. I can see myself trying out a few of them.

Virgin Green Monster Smoothie Recipe
***This is my adapted version based on the comments I read on a few message boards. The original recipe came from Green Monster Movement.

- 2 cups FRESH organic baby spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 Tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 cup Blue Diamond Brand Almond Milk
- 4-5 ice cubes

Directions:

Freeze your fruit to make the smoothie thicker. In the evening, peel the banana, break it into a few pieces, and put it into a small container to freeze so it's ready for breakfast.

Place the ingredients into the blender in the following order. In this order, the heavier ingredients weigh down the lighter ingredients, which keep the powders and spinach from flying up around the blender and sticking to the side.

If you want to add any protein powder or flax, add that to the to the blender first, before the spinach. 1) spinach, 2) banana, 3) peanut butter, 4) milk.

Blend everything on the highest setting for about 1 -2 minutes.

Once smooth, add ice and blend on the ice setting. Pour into a large glass or travel mug.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment