Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Mock Peach Cobbler

My husband and I picked up some delicious peaches from Costco. Which means we had 9 of those babies! Two too many for us to finish. I wanted to do something with the last few peaches before they went bad and I had to throw them out.  I searched the internet and found this easy recipe. This one caught my attention because 1, the prep work was minimal and 2, the ingredients were simple and lastly, it looked yummy.

Enjoy!
I made two changes to this this recipe. First, I used 2 peaches cut into quarters (skin on) instead of canned peaches. My peaches were very ripe and sweet. I wouldn't recommend using fresh peaches unless they are sweet and very ripe! If not, canned peaches may be the route to go.  My second change was that I used I used Sprite instead of Mountain Dew. Other than those two things, I made it exactly to the letter.  

I think this recipe was near perfect (with my tweaks). When I make this again, I will use those same changes and add a sprinkle of cinnamon inside of each roll.

I really love how these turned out. The crust was nice and crunchy on the top, soft on the inside. It wasn't tart nor too sweet, it was perfect. The inside was moist, yet not mushy. I believe the ripeness of my peaches lent to that. This dessert really reminded me of peach cobbler without all of the work! I bet this would be just as yummy with in-season apples, fresh cut pineapple, or any fresh and ripe fruit that you want to use.
If you try this, let me know what you think!

Source: Easy Peach Roll Up Dessert
Rating: 5 forks

No comments:

Post a Comment