Saturday, June 28, 2014

Review: Jamba Juice All Natural Smoothie Kit - Orange Dream Machine


Hey friends,


I have a foodie product review for you today, I stopped into my local Target and decided to see if they had the Jamba Juice smoothie kit in stock. Of course they did, but the selection was weak at best, they only had two flavors! Which is disappointing for Target.  I went with the Orange Dream Machine since I used to enjoy Orange Dreamcicles and Orange Juliuses as a kid.


The coupon was for 1 free 8 oz smoothie kit. Oddly, as you can see in the photo, Target didn't have a price label by the smoothie kit, so when I got to the register I was pleasantly surprised to see that it only costs $2.89. I didn't have any apple juice (which is what the instructions say to blend it with) so I picked up some of the Target brand apple juice on sale for $1.99.  I'm not an apple juice drinker, so I picked up what was cheapest.  The smoothie kit and apple juice totaled to $4.88.  What really surprised me, was when the coupon scanned it's value was $4.49! So, in actuality I only had to spend  $0.39 to try this product, which is pretty good.


Now lets's get down to business. I liked the easiness of making this smoothie, which is great for when you don't have time to chop up and freeze your own fruit. I liked that it had frozen yogurt pieces inside, which cuts down on any additional items you have to buy, plus it made for a really creamy smoothie.  Taste wise it was delicious. I almost felt like this was a smoothie that I could buy from the Jamba Juice shop in the mall. It's really good.

My problem with it comes in with the calorie and carb count. This smoothie is so sugar heavy that it almost comes off like a dessert. I'm not saying that there is additionally added sugar, but the numbers are are still high, even if it's all natural.

Another thing to be aware of is that you could drink more than the intended serving size without realizing it. I made the entire bag as instructed and it was to make two servings. I poured it into a 16 oz glass and it mostly all fits into the glass, I had a tad bit leftover. Most of don't drink out of a 8oz glass, so it wold be easy to drink both servings. You should be aware of the calories for consuming the whole bag.

Overall, I think that this is a good treat once in a while, but it's not something that I would ever drink on a regular basis.  This would be fun for kids because it taste very good and it's better than ice-cream shakes or some other junk food they could consume instead.  It's great for adults and teens that want a smoothie but don't have the time to make one from scratch.  For what it is, the price is just right as well.  If I was in the mood to drink this again, I'd purchase it for $2.89. I'd also be open to trying out some other flavors.

Have you tried the Jamba Juice smoothie kits? If so, what did you think? What's your favorite flavor? 

Enjoy,
~Tamara




Disclaimer: I received a sample of this product as apart of my Influenster SurfsUP Vox Box for review. While I did receive the product for free, all opinions are my own, honest, and not influenced in anyway.






No comments:

Post a Comment