Sunday, November 22, 2015

5 Christmas Movies Worth Watching



With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, it's officially the holiday season! You're probably already starting to see Christmas decoration everywhere you look, our fall TV shows go on hiatus, and ABC features their 25 Days of Christmas programing. Top that with all of the movies, TV specials and music all about Christmas every day for the next month and that's a lot of Holiday Cheer! Don't have time or not into watching that many hours Christmas? No worries, I've got a short list that will slim down your Christmas movie viewing hours.  

Every year I find myself watching these same several movies, it's become a tradition. I grab a glass of wine, pop some popcorn, cuddle up on the couch with a blanket and enjoy.  I've been known to watch a few of these during my cookie party prep when I'm baking dozens on top of dozen of cookies. Even when time is short running tons of errands leading up to Christmas, I always make enough time to watch my top five!


5.  Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964) | It's fun, it's light, and it's a cute story. This is one of my favorites, but really, almost all of the 1960's and 70's stop-motion-animation specials are really great. If you have a bit of time, watch a few of them.

4. Home Alone (1990) | The first movie of course. Nothing is better than the original, it's what I'd like to call a modern classic. I never get enough of watching Kevin defending his house against the loser "Wet Bandits". It's really hilarious.
3. The Polar Express (2004) | I just love this animated movie all about a magical train ride to the North Pole featuring Tom Hanks. It's all the things that we love about an animated Christmas movie.
2. How The Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) | I just adore the remake of this movie featuring Jim Carrey. I like all the vibrants colors and how whimsical it is.








1. A Christmas Carol (1984 & 2009)  | Christmas just isn't Christmas unless you watch at least one version of A Christmas Carol, and these are my favorites. Both the 1984 and Disney 2009 adaptations are a must watch.  If you watch nothing else, make time to watch this gem.

Before I go, I'll leave you with a few more honorable mentions (in no particular order):

A Christmas Story (1983)
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
Claymation Christmas Celebration (1987)
The Mistle-Tones (2012)


What about you? What's on your must watch list for the holidays?

Live Lavishly,
~Tamara







No comments:

Post a Comment