Friday, March 8, 2013

25-Day Fitness Challenge


Hey everyone!

I decided to kick off the beginning of Spring with a fitness challenge.  Day 1 began on Wednesday and am going until the end of the month! The challenge is to do some type of exercise for a minimum of 15 minutes every night.  I'll be doing Tia Mowry's Yoga DVDs and a combination of XBox360 Kinect Games: Just Dance 4, Dance Central 3, Zumba Fitness Rush, and Zumba Fitness Core!  Mixing all those up should make it easier to do every day. The yoga videos are 45-50 minutes and on the XBox360 Kinect high intensity dance games, I'm able to do 4 songs in a row which is about 15-20 minutes.  So there we are. Like I said, I've already started and I plan on checking back in once a week until the end of the month!

I'll be the first to admit, exercising isn't my favorite thing to do. I really hate sweating my hair out. That sounds a little vain, yep it does, but it's the truth!  But I'm going to push past that! LOL.  These next 24 days will be a good push to get me into some kind of fitness routine.

I've decided to do the Run to Read 5K in June again this year (my 2nd time), and now that I know what to expect, I feel I'll be able to train better and be more prepared.  I'll probably start walking/running outside as soon as April arrives. The Michigan never-ending winter weather should be officially over by then and I'll have 8-10 weeks to get my butt in gear. Last year I did a lot of treadmill training and that didn't prepare me for all the hills and valleys out there in the wilderness on the dirt path! This time I'll be training outdoors!  The subdivision next to mines is very hilly and will be perfect.  Until then, I'll be building my stamina with the XBox360 Kinect Games!

With Spring coming soon, are you doing any kind of fitness challenge or routine to get ready for the warmer weather?  Please share, I'd love to hear some of your fitness plans.

~Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment