Sunday, July 19, 2015

DIY Keurig Style Caramel Macchiato

I'm from both the tea and coffee camps, I just can't choose - I love them both.  Thankfully I never have to choose! Are you a flavored coffee fan? This is perfect for you. I have a super easy and fun recipe for you today.  My favorite Starbucks drink is the Caramel Macchiato. For obvious reasons, I can't drink that every day and I surely don't want to spend $4+ on Starbucks daily, so I made my own version at home.

I've finally perfected my DIY Caramel Macchiato so I wanted to share! This is my original recipe.  I use a Keurig Vue, but feel free to use whatever single serve coffee maker you have. Before I was using only the Starbucks Espresso Roast, and it wasn't just quite right, but then...I was given some Caramel Pecan Pie coffee from the Coffee Beanery at a local blogger event hosted by Xfinity and Hallmark. Thanks so much for that, it's perfected my drink!

While this isn't the healthiest coffee, the calorie count is reasonable and it taste great!

Here's a rundown of the ingredients.

1 International Delight Coffee House Inspirations - Caramel Macchiato
1 packet of Splenda
**Put into the bottom of the cup. Brew the coffee on top.

1 Tbsp Starbucks Espresso Roast
1 Tbsp Coffee Beanery Caramel Pecan Pie
**Using a special pod that allows you to use your own ground coffee, brew on the strong setting at 6 ounces. The key is getting a strong cup of coffee, if it's too weak it won't taste right.

Land O' Lakes Heavy Whipping Cream
Drizzle of Hershey's Caramel Sauce
**Top with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.


Watch a little video I put together of myself making this coffee recipe. Please excuse the poor quality, I'm still trying to figure out taking video on my cell phone. :-)

If you try this recipe, please let me know how you like it! Also, if you want me to attempt more easy make at home dupes, comment below with your suggestions.

Enjoy!

~Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment