Saturday, July 19, 2014

Review: Cover Girl Bombshell Curvaceous Mascara

Hey friends,

I'm back with another review from my SurfsUp Vox Box from Influenster. I don't wear much makeup, only on special occasions. Clearly I don't wear enough mascara to test this myself and consider it against mascara brands, so I enlisted someone who can. My Mom! My Mom is a frequent makeup wearer and she has experience with lots of brands and types of mascara.  She's had a few favorites over the years, so she was excited to try the Cover Girl Bombshell Curvaceous Mascara by lashblast!

I had my mother try on the mascara on eyes without any eye make-up so that we could see the mascara on its own. Photo 1 has no mascara. Photos 2 and 3 are with the mascara. Even without other makeup, clearly the lashes have much more volume after applying the mascara.  Of course when she added her eye liner and shadow, the mascara popped even more!

I sent her home with the mascara so that she could report back with her findings after wearing it a few times. Here's the run down according to Mom:

Likes:

  • Long wear. Didn't smear or run.
  • The volume is really noticeable.
  • Simple instructions to follow and was easy to apply.
  • For $11.99 at most retailers, it's a great mascara for the price. 


Dislikes:

  • Needing to use an oil based makeup remover to get the mascara off. She normally uses oil-free makeup remover, so she needed to go out and purchase a remover just to get this mascara off.
  • Needing to use several coats of step 2.


Final thoughts: According to Mom, she plans on buying this product after she uses up the rest of the bottle. With those results we both think this would be a good product to try.


~Tamara

Disclaimer: I received a sample of this product as apart of my Influenster SurfsUP Vox Box for review. While I did receive the product for free, all opinions are my own, honest, and not influenced in anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment